Rooms that don’t get a lot of natural light can be difficult to brighten up, but with the right light bulb, you can make them feel more comfortable and inviting. There are many different types of light bulbs available on the market, so it can be tricky to know which one is right for you. In this article, we’ll discuss the different types of light bulbs and help you figure out which one is best for your needs.
Best Light Bulbs for Dark Room
Top Led Bulbs for Dark Rooms
GE Relax High Definition LED Light Bulb 10.5-watt 2700K Comfortable Soft White 800-Lumens 6-Pack 60-watt Replacement Dimmable A19
$37.99 in stock
- Relax LED HD-Light Exceptional Color Contrast and Boldness
- Comfortable Soft White Light 2700K Temperature Recommended for Bedroom Family Room and Dining Room
- Provides 800-lumens 60-watt replacement uses only 10.5-watt
- Lasts 13 years $81 savings on energy per bulb
- GE "Imagination at work" a trusted home brand
2 Pack 500W Equivalent LED Light Bulb 7500 Lumen 5000K Daylight White Bright E26/E27 Medium Base 60W Corn Light Bulbs for Outdoor Indoor Garage Warehouse Factory Backyard Street
- ENERGY SAVING - 60W LED light bulb is equivalent to 500w incandescent lamp. The same excellent performance but with 80% less electric consumption. Led corn light bulbs help you save more than 90% of electricity costs.
- SUPER BRIGHT -LED corn light bulb provides a brightness of 7,500 lumen. 5000K daylight cool white light. No blind spots, 80 CRI gives natural and vivid colors to objects and creates a comfortable lighting conditions.
- LONG LIFESPAN - Led bulb 60w has more than 50,000 hours lifespan, great quality aluminum structure has an excellent heat dissipation, no longer vexed for regular replacement.
- GOOD PERFORMANCE HIGH QUALITY - The 60w light bulb no fan design makes the bulb no noise. The LED bulb no buzz, no flicker, and safe to eyes. The package with 2 packs is more economic.
- WIDE APPLICATIONS - 60W led bulbs with unique design 360° shining. E26/E27 medium base for easy installation. Widely used in garage, warehouse, garden, workshop, courtyard, patio, barn, shopping mall, supermarket, station, street, school, hospital, restaurant, hotel etc, anywhere need bright light.
SANSI 300 Watt LED Light Bulb, Bright LED Light Bulb 5500 Lumens, BR30 LED Bulbs, 5000K Daylight LED Light Bulb, Garage Light Bulb, E26 to E39 Led Bulb, 40W BR30 Floodlight for Home Workshop
- LET THERE BE LIGHT!: 5500lm output and 5000K daylight make this light bulb perfect for warehouse, basement, barn, garden, shopping mall, supermarket, workshop, display area etc. Outdoor with protected fixtures or indoor, any place where bright light is needed, and you don't have to worry about the energy bills that high lumen LED bulbs bring to you. Based on 5 hours per day usage, annual estimated cost $11, which saves you $110 compared to incandescent lights
- FLICKER FREE: LED bulbs might be flickering due to loose or incorrect wiring, a sudden drop in home voltage, incompatible dimmer, or bulb components such as a defective LED driver. But SANSI won't flicker for the last reason, a better power supply will have constant current drivers installed that stabilize the current to the LED by varying voltage, this ensures constant brightness, and SANSI LEDs have drivers installed on the chip inside
- PATENTED CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY: We solder the LED chip on the ceramic heat sink innovatively, which contribute to faster heat conduction and higher reliability. As common sense, ceramic heat sink is a natural and friendly material, insulation, high thermal conductivity, anti-leakage breakdown, high temperature resistance, long service life, no noise etc. Time will not permit more list
- SUPER BRIGHT, HIGH EFFICIENCY: Usually the brightness of light is measured by power, but actually measured by lumen, the 40w daylight light bulb is 5500lm and divided by 40w to give 137.5 lm∙w−1 luminous efficiency, out-perform others! Plus, 25,000 hour lifetime saves your replacement costs, and we provide a a 5-year warranty, You won't see a product on the market like SANSI with a long warranty and high efficiency
- SANSI: The Upgrade 300 Watt LED Light Bulbs provide more rounded looks and enhanced performance, free E26 to E39 adapter can fit different bases, and we will take care of our light bulbs in 5 years. Yes, 5 years warranty, SANSI's commitment to the lighting industry and 30 years of experience in the area means that SANSI is able and willing to provide a right solution
SANSI 6500 Lumens A21 LED Light Bulb, Bright 650W Equivalent E26 LED Bulb, 5000K Daylight Non-Dimmable 25,000-Hour Lifetime Safe 35W Bulb for Home Workspace
$33.84 in stock
- Bright & Efficient: Compared with other LED bulbs, SANSI's highly efficient light bulbs can provide 6500 lumens using only 35 watts of power, equivalent to 450W incandescent bulbs. Based on 3 hours per day usage, save up to 95% electricity, annual estimated cost $3.83.
- Flicker-Free: Adopting high light transmission optical lenses, up to 210 LED chips can not only provide you and your family with the light source they need daily but also provide a healthy living or work environment. No flickering, no noise.
- Patented Ceramic technology: SANSI's patented technology replaces the traditional Mcpcb aluminum substrate with a non-conductive ceramic heat sink, directly soldering the LED chip on the ceramic heat sink, effectively reducing the systematic thermal resistance between the LED PN junction and the surface of the heat sink, resulting in faster heat conduction and higher product reliability, making SANSI's bulbs perform with higher light efficiency.
- Safe and Reliable: The lamp body is made of special ceramic material, and the flame retardant grade reaches grade V0; the reinforced insulation structure means no risk of electric shock, its safer; the whole shell material reaches the WF2 anti-corrosion grade, which is more reliable and durable; The hollow design is good for heat dissipation.
- Guarantees: ETL listed, quality and safety verified, 22.5 years LED bulb lifespan, 5 years warranty.
Philips Hue White A21 High Lumen Smart Bulb, 1600 Lumens, Bluetooth & Zigbee compatible (Hue Hub Optional), Works with Alexa & Google Assistant
$13.63 in stock
- EASY SETUP: Philips Hue with Bluetooth is the easiest way to get started with smart lighting. Set the mood instantly with Bluetooth-enabled LED smart bulbs and the Hue Bluetooth app, which allows you to control up to 10 smart lights in a room..Voltage : 120 Volts
- SET THE MOOD: Seamlessly create the perfect ambiance for any occasion throughout your entire home. This Smart Bulb is equipped with 1600 lumen output of brilliant light.
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: Activate smart lighting hands-free in any room with Bluetooth voice-activated smart lights. Simply pair your Hue lights with any compatible Amazon Echo or Google Home device to enjoy the convenience of managing your smart lights with just your voice.
- UNLOCK FULL POTENTIAL OF HUE: Add a Hue Smart Hub to your Bluetooth-controlled setup to tap into upgraded features such as away-from-home control (Hue Hub sold separately)
- COMPLETE CUSTOMIZATION: Whether you want to create your own scenes or use the preset light recipes, enjoy the perfect shade of warm white light to complement any decor and to help you in your daily tasks. Completely dimmable, Hue White smart lighting is the perfect stepping stone to setting the right mood in your home.
LED Garage Light,400 Watt Equivalent 6000K,Cool Daylight White LED Area Light,E26/E27 Medium Base,for Outdoor Factory Warehouse Barn Backyard and More,Super Bright
- ✔SAVE 80% INSTANTLY - Cut down your electricity bill by up to 80% by replacing 400W with 55W!
- ✔30,000 HOUR LIFETIME - With an astonishing life rating of 30,000 hours,or 16 years with 5 hrs/day of use, replacing your bulbs is now a thing of the past.
- ✔TURNS ON INSTANTLY - Our Street Light is engineered to light instantly when the switch is flipped. No more waiting for bulbs to “warm up” or turn all the way on!
- ✔SUPER BRIGHT - Bring your application the best lighting available with an incredible minimum of 100lm/watt. Illuminate the darker corners of your home!
- ✔HASSLE-FREE WARRANTY - DooVii’s TWO-YEAR unlimited warranty means we’ve got you covered! Contact us for an easy and fast replacement.
Different types of Light Bulbs
There are different types of light bulbs available in the market but now a day LED Bulbs are clearly the best among the various options.
LED bulbs use less energy and last much longer than traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulbs. They also produce a bright, crisp light that can easily brighten up a dark room.
CFL bulbs, or compact fluorescent bulbs, are another energy-efficient option for dark rooms. While they do use less energy and last longer than incandescent bulbs, they do not have the same brightness or longevity as LED bulbs.
Incandescent bulbs are the traditional type of light bulb, but they use a lot more energy and do not last as long as LED or CFL bulbs. They are almost out of this world.
How to choose the right light bulb for your needs
When choosing a light bulb for a dark room, it is important to consider the type of bulb and its brightness.
In terms of brightness, a general rule of thumb is to use a bulb with a wattage equal to about 10 times the square footage of the room. So, for a 100-square-foot room, a 100-watt bulb would provide sufficient brightness.
More Lumen more illumination
When it comes to light bulbs for dark rooms, lumens are king. The higher the lumen rating of a bulb, the more illumination it will provide. So, when choosing a light bulb for a dark room, be sure to choose one with a high lumen rating.
In addition to wattage and lumens, it is also important to consider the color temperature of a light bulb. This refers to the tone or hue of the light and is measured in Kelvin (K).
A lower Kelvin number means a warmer, more yellow light while a higher Kelvin number means a cooler, bluer light. For dark rooms, it is often best to choose a bulb with a higher Kelvin number and cooler light, as it can provide brighter illumination.
Considering all of these factors – wattage, lumens, and color temperature – will help you choose the best light bulb for your dark room.
As for the type of bulb, LED and compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs are more energy-efficient options. They also have longer lifespans and produce less heat than traditional incandescent bulbs. However, they may be slightly more expensive initially.
Other factors to consider include the desired color temperature and dimming capability. Warmer, yellow hues may be more suitable for a cozy living room while cool, blue hues may be better suited for a workplace or kitchen setting. And, if you want the option to dim the lights, make sure to choose a bulb that is compatible with dimmer switches.
Overall, LED bulbs are the best option for dark rooms, as they use less energy, last longer, and provide bright illumination. However, it is important to also consider wattage, lumens, and color temperature in order to choose the right bulb for your specific needs.
So take out the time to carefully consider your lighting needs can help you choose the right light bulb for your home or office.
Joy have been interested in lighting in general since child hood thus done a Diploma in Lighting & Electricals at the age of 15 apart from regular studies. Now I just want to share some useful information about the lights with people.